Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to Charlie

Today is Charlie's 26th birthday! He says it is just another day, but I have other plans - Birthdays should be fun! I still have not gotten him a birthday or Christmas present and I feel like kind of a last minute schmuck...as you may know, we just bought a house - I could tell him happy birthday/christmas and put a big bow on the front door...but there is already a christmas bow there. It is attached to a wreath...so I don' t think that is such a great idea - plus, who wants to unwrap a present they've already been using for weeks? He and I talked about practical vs fun gifts. We decided practical would be the better way to go - but birthday gifts shouldn't be practical. So I'm going to try to get him something fun. But this, again is where I'm getting stuck. I'm usually pretty good about being creative and getting fun things, but I'm just at a loss this year. I have all the Christmas shopping done (minus a few people - including Charlie). I think I'm not going to worry about it right this second. I have at least an hour before the kids wake up, so I'm going to take advantage of that time and just be Hannah for a while.

No comments: