Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bagels Bananas and Chocolate Milk

This morning I let Matthew have a piece of my plain bagel with strawberry cream cheese when his banana was just not enough. The cream cheese did NOT go over well at all, the piece was immediately spit out followed by a look of disgust and irritation. How dare I give him something so unappetizing! I decided to give him bagel without cream cheese which went over much better. After a few tiny bites, he wanted to take his own bite instead of me pulling little pieces off for him. Naturally he took a huge bite! He proceeded to chew this over sized bite - a few minutes later, he was throwing everything and screeching and finally buried his face in my chest and started to cry. Come to find out, he had bagel stuck to the roof of his mouth! I could not help just laughing! Which upset him even more! I was finally able to get him to let me stick my finger in his mouth to dislodge the offending piece of bagel. Because he was still upset, I let him take a sip of my chocolate milk - and now there is no going back!! He loved it, of course!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me very much of the story....If you give a mouse a cookie.